- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The average secretary's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament Building is an American flag.
- All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt"
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reinade los Angeles de Porciuncula". And can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.