- The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.
- Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.
- The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
- When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.
- Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in the palms of their hands.
- It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
- Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
- Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
- In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
- Reno, Nevada is west of Los Angeles, California.
- Average age of top GM executives in 1994: 49.8 years. Average age of the Rolling Stones: 50.6.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- Five Jell-O flavors that flopped: celery, coffee, cola, apple, and chocolate.
- According to one study, 24% of lawns have some sort of lawn ornament in them.
- Vintage port takes forty years to reach maturity.
- In 1991's Jungle Fever, Samuel L. Jackson's performance as crackhead Gator won him the first-ever supporting actor award given by the Cannes Film Festival.
- According to the U.S. government, people have tried more than 28,000 different ways to lose weight.
- Before she met Popeye, Olive Oyl went out with Ham Gravy.
- In one night, the World Trade Center in New York used more electricity than the entire city of Troy, New York.