Parker Battery Battlefield
Parker's Battery was known as "The Boy Company" because a great number of the soldiers were between 14 and 19 years old. Part of the 1864 Overland Campaign, this was a section of the Confederate stronghold known as "Howlett Line". After the war, in 1888, Lieutenant Brown purchased the ground here in order to preserve the area on which the battery had spent so much of its service. Prior to his death in 1921, the surviving members of the battery erected a small granite monument here in honor of their fallen comrades. Walk the short path to the monument and see the earthenwork fortifications that are still there today.
Virginia Home Page |
Virginia Aquariums |
Virginia Beaches |
Virginia Bed and Breakfast Inns |
Virginia Cemeteries |
Copyright A View of America 1998 all rights reserved any and all content on this site is protected by law. Any use without written permission is strictly prohibited.